This summer I’m scheduled to present at two different e-commerce conferences, Internet Retailer in Chicago and e-Tail in Baltimore. Here are the details.
Topic: The Anatomy of a Successful Twitter Campaign
When: June 10, 2010 2:45 PM-3:15 PM
Where: McCormick Place West – Chicago, IL
Tweeting is not just sending messages to consumers who have signed up for them. To be a successful Twitterer, a retailer must possess a plan that includes clear objectives, useful information, attractive offers, and the ability to talk and listen. Our speaker, whose company MusicNotes.com has been tweeting daily for two years, will discuss how MusicNotes determined goals, how it created a plan of execution, what Twittering requires from management and staff, what MusicNotes has learned as its Twitter program has evolved, its plans for more tweeting and what it’s gotten out of tweeting.
Topic: Panel Discussion: Redesigning Your Site to Increase Conversion Rates & Better Engage Customers
When: August 11, 2010 1:50 PM
Where: Hilton Baltimore
When is the right time for a redesign? And how do you go about identifying your strategic goals? Our panelists have all recently undergone site enhancements or full site redesigns. They will take you through the process of setting their vision, planning ahead, and overcoming many of the unforeseen obstacles. They’ll also discuss how they employed customer feedback into their strategy to ensure they were delivering the most relevant functionalities.
- Creating a redesign roadmap – outlining your core redesign objectives, method and design considerations
- Ensuring your redesign is aligned with your overall customer experience strategy
- Allocating the budget and internal resources that you will need to reach your project goals on time
- Best practices for site redesign from the home page, product page to checkout
- Small changes that can make a big impact
- What works and what doesn’t
- Developing the features and content that will be the backbone of your new site
- Will your new site include web 2.0 functionalities?
- Examining the ease of your checkout process and where are customers abandoning
- Ridding your checkout of distractions
Note this is a panel discussion that also includes Josh Himwich, Director of eCommerce Solutions for Diapers.com and Ralph Mondeaux, VP of Website Marketing for Overstock.com.