Back in February, I released the paperback and Kindle editions of my science-fiction novel, ‘The Unfortunate Expiration of Mr. David S. Sparks.’ In the time since release it’s received dozens of positive reviews, with readers calling it such things as:
“A complete science fiction masterpiece”
“A well-written mind bending möbius strip”
“A feat of impossible imagination and a triumph for the sci-fi genre”
“An amazing masterpiece of mystery and action – a true page turner”
and “Golden Age sci-fi for a new generation”
So, as you can see, people are liking it – which is why I am happy to announce the book is now available in a professionally-narrated audiobook version – opening the ability for those who prefer to listen to their books the chance to enjoy the story!
Over several months, I worked together with professional voice-over artist and audiobook narrator, Scott Smith, to produce what I consider to be a fantastic representation of the book. Not only did he bring additional life to the story, but he nailed all the characters, their voices and the rise and fall of tension throughout.
The audiobook is available now through Audible (which means you can even have Alexa play it for you, which can be it’s own kind of trippy sci-fi journey in and of itself).
Need more convincing to check it out? Here’s a list of other works a reader recently compared it to:
• Philip K. Dick’s A Scanner Darkly; and We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, and the movie it spawned, Total Recall.
• Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
• Heller’s Catch 22
• Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-five
• Twelve Monkeys, (and Terry Gilliam might be one of the few directors that can handle this novel.)
• Beirce’s An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge
• The film, Moon, directed by Duncan Jones and written by Nathan Parker
• Vanilla Sky and its predecessor, Abre los ojos , directed by Alejandro Amenábar and co-written by Mateo Gil.
• The final scene in A.I. Artificial Intelligence, also known as A.I., directed by Spielberg.
• Calvinism’s predestination and the acronym of T.U.L.I.P.
• Total Depravity
• Unconditional Election
• Limited Atonement
• Irresistible Grace
• Perseverance of the Saints
And here’s the “official” description:
Who is David S. Sparks?
Where is David S. Sparks?
When is David S. Sparks?
In the aftermath of the Chemical Wars, nature has reclaimed humanity’s infrastructure. This world, lush with life – yet dangerously uninhabitable for mankind – houses the remaining population that ekes out an existence in quarantined cities anchored off the mainland.
David S. Sparks awakens into the chaos of this future world, unsure of his place in a reality wildly different from his fragmented memories. As the desire to retake the planet swells, so too does the question of how. Will the same mistakes be repeated? Can technology beat nature, or is it time for another approach? And what is David Sparks’ role in it all?
Dive into a wild, mind-bending journey as one man chases the ultimate question of self, discovering the truly illusive nature of reality.